rain and cya

Oct 9, 2015
Charleston SC
How does rain effect the cya level in my pool. Charleston SC - 23000 gallon rectangular pool. Current cya level is 65 which according to the pool calculator should be around 40.

we had 18 inches a month ago and 4.5 inches in last couple of days

Rain can dilute your CYA but most of the time, you mix rain water with the pool water so you're not getting full replacement dilution. When you need to drain due to overfill, you're removing pool water mixed with rain water not just pool water so the dilution is less. What level was your CYA at before the 18 inches of rain?

i really dont know. Just bought this house. First pool for me. Found this site and felt like I could use methods here to maintain it myself.

This was the first test I did - last thursday. My son lives in the house, he has been treating it with the tablets and shock. I told him we were going to try and switch to this method.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.