jandy aqualink controler

Oct 31, 2015
ventura ca
I have a older jandy aqualink controler that is giving me issues. Main board is located outside with a remote interior controler and a switch located in the spa. At random times it starts switching the filter pump from high speed to low speed rapidly. At times it will switch the valves (actuator) to spa mode and turn on auxiliary input on and off rapidly. This happens during a scheduled filter cycle and at random (middle of the night). Wondering if it is the main board, inside controler, or the spa switch?

I have a very old Jandy Ji8000, also with an outside power controller, inside control panel and a spa switch placed just above the water line. I've had similar problems to yours and found that the 4-button spa switch was my problem. You can disconnect it at the power controller and if that fixes your issues a new one is about $200 on Amazon, depending on the wire length. Mine have lasted about 8 years each. Hope this helps.

I also still have a Jandy JI8000. My 4 button remote is starting to give trouble. How do I replace the remote? I assume there must be a junction box close to the remote. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Most likely there is a conduit that runs from the remote directly to your Jandy outside control panel. The spa remote connects to pins 9 to 14 of the smaller header. To replace it first turn off the circuit breaker for your Jandy. Disconnect the remote's wires from the header and attach a pull cord at this end. Pull out the spa remote and pull the wire & string through the conduit. Attach the end of the new button's cable and pull it back in. Wire colors are: (9)RED, (10)BLK, (11)GRN, (12)WHT, (13)BRN, (14)BLU.

That's the short story. It may be really difficult to pull the old cable out due to years of sediment that collects in the conduit. If you have an intermediate junction box you will need to find it and do the pulls in two steps. I use a generous coating of Magic Lube on the new cable to reduce friction. The button is a press fit into a PVC adapter but my PB glued it in with silicone.

Thanks CA92807. That was a great explanation. My conduit is probably 100 feet. What kind of string is good for something that long. I am very afraid of the string disconnecting or breaking. I am also hoping there is no secondary junction box.

Get some 5/16" or larger nylon braded rope at your hardware store. If you've never done this before there are some videos on YouTube that will help. Look for something like "pull wire in conduit." Good luck!

Here is an update on replacing my 4-button remote. It turns out there is no intermediate junction box. The pull was about 120 feet. I first bought the rope for the pull, but the diameter was too large for the conduit. I ended up using the Klein pull wire from Home Depot. It was reasonably priced and strong enough. I learned how to connect the pull wire to the remote wire from Youtube. I also used plenty of cable lubricant. Thank you again for the assistance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.