Auto Fill Fitting Help

Jaimee

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2014
Queen Creek /Arizona
I made my own auto fill out of an 8" pipe piece and a toilet float. It is working fine. (I still haven't plastered yet.) But I don't know what fitting to put on the 3/4" pipe inside the pool. A smooth coupler? A filter grate fitting to keep out bugs or debris? Nothing? I need to cut the pipe but want to leave clearance for the correct "thing". Any ideas? What do you guys have on yours? This seems like a silly little thing, but it's hanging me up. My internet searches are coming up blank and I'm starting to have bad dreams about it.

Pool Auto Fill 1.jpg

Pool Auto Fill 2.jpg

Pool Auto Fill 3.jpg

Standard return fitting?

Return Fitting

You'd probably need to adapt from your 3/4" pipe to a larger size (1" or 1.5" or 2" PVC) because most return fittings are 1.5" or 2", although I saw some online for spas that are meant for 1". Couldn't find anything that direct connects to 3/4" pipe.

Last edited:
Nothing is certainly an option just cut it flush and sand the edge a bit, I have seen one like that and since it is 3/4 most people won't even see it. They are plastering my pool tomorrow and are using the same fitting as the returns but mine is 1.5”. Bugs and debris should not be much of a concern since it will be below the surface. If it does get a bit gunky from time to time, just scrub it out with a toilet brush blast it out with the hose add a bit of bleach and call it good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.