Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wiring into an Aquatrol timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Wiring into an Aquatrol timer

Does anyone know if it is easy and wise to get inside the Aquatrol control panel to tap into the timer-switched output to the pump? I want to power my Goldline solar control so that it is on only when the pump is running, but the Aquatrol panel only has one switched receptacle (110vac) coming out of the bottom. I notice what look like knock-outs on the bottom of the panel box. Before I open up the box I'm wondering if someone can tell me if there are wiring lugs inside that I can use?

Thanks

Kelly
    15X30 AGP, Lomart beaded liner;
    1.5 HP Sta-Rite pump with 21 inch sand filter (Zeobrite media)
    Mineral Springs (Aquatrol) SWCG, Rigid PVC plumbing, 2 inch
    Four 4X12 Techno-Solis solar panels, rack mounted, Goldline Solar Controller

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Wiring into an Aquatrol timer

Well, interesting idea.... The Aquatrol has a max 15Amp load potential to control the pump. If you want to add anything else to that timer, it better have zero amp load. The unit was not designed to be a general control for auxillary equipment. Secondly, when you get inside the box, you just voided the warranty.
    Summary: You can't expect a coupe' to carry a wedding party. 8)
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Wiring into an Aquatrol timer

I doubt the Goldline solar control uses much power. You could use a 3 plug adapter and plug the pump into one side and the Solar Control into the other.

HTH,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)