pH, pebble sheen & green forming on curves of pool

Okay, got it. Then the only other piece of advice I'd pass along to you is the amount of bleach. Since your FC was 1.5, and your SLAM level FC is 24, the calculator shows a requirement for 4 gallons and 1 quart (8.25% bleach) to get that high. If your pool guy only added 1 gallon, you're not at SLAM/shock level, you're only at about 6.5-7 ppm. Even 10% strength might only get close to 8ppm. Just wanted to pass that along. You can always add more. :)

Beader, Splash and Pagirl,

Thanks for the responses....I knew the pucks weren't good, but as I stated, we agreed to go liquid from this time forward so I agreed to leave them...The bleach he used is actually a highly concentrated at 12.5 %. What does this now do to the calculations?

Finally, my terminology was wrong, so yes, I will read-up on chemistry this weekend, esp when my wife starts doling out the "to-do's"...

Again, I appreciate everyone's help and assistance...also, PAgirl, looks like it might get cold this weekend for will be just east of you...I wish we could get a real nice cold front w LOTS OF RAIN. No rain here of value since most of Sept and all of Oct...latter part of Aug was dry too....

tstex, blistering hot in our area today. I had the misfortune of planting 7 concrete footers for a new patio cover, so I'm beat. No problem with the bleach percentage. In the future, you can check yourself by entering the NOW and TARGET numbers on the Poolmath calculator , then simply type-in the % of bleach you are using. The calculator will do the rest. Have a great day.

Beader, Splash and Pagirl,

Thanks for the responses....I knew the pucks weren't good, but as I stated, we agreed to go liquid from this time forward so I agreed to leave them...The bleach he used is actually a highly concentrated at 12.5 %. What does this now do to the calculations?

Finally, my terminology was wrong, so yes, I will read-up on chemistry this weekend, esp when my wife starts doling out the "to-do's"...

Again, I appreciate everyone's help and assistance...also, PAgirl, looks like it might get cold this weekend for will be just east of you...I wish we could get a real nice cold front w LOTS OF RAIN. No rain here of value since most of Sept and all of Oct...latter part of Aug was dry too....

Wish I could have sent you some of the 5" of rain we got in one day about two weeks ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.