IntelliPH condensation

Jan 13, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Hi,

So new to the IntelliPH, it's been working for a few weeks now, so wanting to add some acid, I open the top and there is A LOT of condensation all over the cap and inside walls. I assume it must be acid, and was careful, but it did end up splashing (lots of condensation) on the floor and a drop on my foot and once I saw all the bubbles all doubt was removed. So is this normal, is there some way to prevent it for safety?

TIA!!

My gallon jugs of MA always have evaporated droplets inside the bottle. Where is the IntelliPH relative to sun exposure/heat? I don't believe there's anything you can do about it except be very careful.

FYI - with the IntelliPH systems, the users manual states that the tubes and motors are "consumable" items. So they need to be regularly replaced and are not under the warranty. You may want to investigate spare motors and tubing just to have it on hand when it fails. I think I've seen posts here on TFP that the motors don't last much more than 18 months before needing to be replaced.

My gallon jugs of MA always have evaporated droplets inside the bottle. Where is the IntelliPH relative to sun exposure/heat? I don't believe there's anything you can do about it except be very careful.

It's under a tarp, but I did it this morning when temps were about 60 deg F and still a bunch of condensation. I was real careful this time, I can't believe how much acid is on the cap.

The vapor pressure of muriatic acid is quite high, around 1psi (7.2kPa) at 68F (20C). Therefore I would expect there to be significant condensation of the acid on the cover. Being under a tarp will probably make little difference as the process of evaporation and condensation is temperature driven. Being outdoors, you can't really control the temperature of the tank very well so evaporation/condensation is likely to occur throughout most of the year. Just practice safe handling techniques (eye protection and vinyl or nitrile gloves) and you should be ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.