Gray mottling on sunstone pearl cove blue

finethreads

Bronze Supporter
Feb 14, 2014
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Pool was completed in April 2015. Nice day for plastering with daytime temperatures in the 70's. Finish looked very consistent in color for the first few months after which we left the area and returned this September.

Now 5 months later the finish has a mottled appearance, especially in the deeper water. I don't notice any mottling in the spa or on the sun shelf. Then when the sun comes out it pretty much disappears.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 76
Could you post some test results please? Do you ever use algaecide or do you use any kind of mineral system or alternative sanitizer?

Well, I finally got around to dealing with the plaster mottling Issue. I know a lot of people have dealt with this issue so I wanted to post my story. I got in touch with CLI Industries and they immediately responded. I completed a provided questionnaire along with photos of the mottling. I was then contacted by a CLI Representative who came out to inspect the pool. After inspection he recommended a light acid wash.

I was very impressed with their customer service and give a thumbs up to CLI Industries. My pool maintenance provider did a great job on the acid wash. The total cost for the acid wash was around $500 plus another $200 for replacement salt and water.

The first picture is another photo of the mottling. The remaining three photos are post acid wash. Pool plaster looks beautiful now, both at nighttime and daytime.
8705DDD0-710B-4DDF-981A-CF16E1968A06.jpeg

1650F036-3016-4901-97E9-FAF732ACDC08.jpeg1650F036-3016-4901-97E9-FAF732ACDC08.jpegB83656DD-BBD5-4665-90B3-3A2D03FDDCB7.jpeg

Reactions: Dtkokay
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.