Winter cover for above ground pool completely surrounded by wood deck

Sep 21, 2015
Greer, SC
What is the best way to cover a round above ground pool completely surrounded by wood deck? There is no space between deck and pool. Can I use a regular round above ground cover and just anchor it down with Aqua blocks or water weights? Also has anyone had success with the drain which installs in middle of cover?

Welcoming you to the forum, and sorry you haven't got an answer. I'd think that a good idea with a full deck around the pool. Add a water pillow underneath, or get a good cover pump so it won't hold water. Perhaps a bump to your question will get some replies. Lots of folks here have AG pools and they'll make some suggestions. Enjoy the forum!

I have seen safety covers for above ground pools with decks, the straps attach to the deck framework and hold the cover to the top of the pool.

I can guarantee that if you use the cover/water bag method you will be spending a long day cleaning the mess that accumulates between the cover and the deck. My concrete is permanently stained...bought a safety cover this year and threw out the water bag cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.