New Build- Port St Lucie Florida

I see skimmer socks in your future! They fit on the skimmer basket to help catch stuff (dog hair) before it gets to the filter. Much easier to clean.

Kim

Here you go.... I just saw these recommended by Chiefwej on another thread.

Chiefwej's post: "The cheapest and BEST skimmer socks yet! And they only cost $6 per 100. Everybody should be using these!

Amazon.com: Disposable Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, White, 100 per Bag: Office Products "

or this link: Amazon.com: Disposable Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, White, 100 per Bag: Office Products

I love skimmer socks!!! I bought some before my granddog came down for a visit! He's got VERY short fur and not a big time shedder, so I couldn't believe all the hair trapped by the skimmer socks. His fur would have easily escaped the skimmer basket. We don't have a dog who lives here, but now I use the skimmer socks to catch the tiny leaves and buds from the crepe myrtle. I ordered these same hair nets, but they haven't come in yet. I noticed in the Amazon reviews several people used them for the same thing - skimmer socks. I can't wait to throw them away and not worry about the cost!

Take care,
Suz.

Reactions: Aleila
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.