converting over to chlorine nest season

arbrey

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Aug 24, 2013
Chicopee, MA
Had the pool closed. Took sample with Baqua strips. Strip color was White,and tells me should add initial dosage of oxidizer. Sanitizer is very low. Basically I am trying to get rid of as much Baqu before next season as I can. I had pool closed and they put in non-chlorine chems. It is safe to assume that because there is no chlorine in the pool that I would not get any reading for CYA using a Taylor 2006 ran a few test with it and never got the cloudy water. Know i am going to have more questions when I reaaly get this going next season

Check out the Baq Forum. You'll see many conversions n may have any questions answered just by reading and you'll be ready n confident next year when you start.

If there is CYA in the pool, you would see it on a test. You do not need Chlorine in the pool to see CYA. If you do not see CYA, it is not there. But then, it should not be there if you were using Bacqua.

You wont need CYA until after your conversion. The Bacqua is going to eat of the FC on it's one fast enough - no need to worry about protecting the FC from sunlight.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.