Quality Vacuum Head

Dec 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I need a quality head for manual cleaning the pool. I used to have a good one; it was heavy and maybe made of zinc, but I tossed it out in the Great Mustard Algae Cleansing of 2014 - everything went, hoses, brushes, float, toys, and our vacuum head.

I replaced the vacuum head at Leslie's - at $60 it was their most expensive, at least her, locally. Well, I went out today to vacuum the pool and it was dead. A wheel had strewn its bearings all over, the springs and bolts were so rusted that I wouldn't put them in the pool even if everything else worked, and the part of the head that connects to the pole was deeply corroded - maybe an eighth-inch thick. The head lived where it shouldn't - in close proximity to the tub of trichlor - and I'll store its successor elsewhere, but now I need its successor.

So, where do I get a quality, heavy-duty manual pool cleaner/vacuum head?

Thanks.

If you're looking to shop primarily locally here in SA, and don't like the options at Leslie's, there are a few places on Hwy 281 between Bitters and Thousand Oaks:
- Gary's Pools & Patio
- Keith Zars Pools
- Poolside Sales & Service
- I also thought there was a Texas Pools in that area as well.
- Closer to Loop 1604 & 281 you may find a "Warehouse Pool Supply" in the same shopping center on the corner as a Leslie's.
I'm sure there are other stores locally. I just happen to go by there often. Other than that ... on-line. :)

If you're looking to shop primarily locally here in SA, and don't like the options at Leslie's, there are a few places on Hwy 281 between Bitters and Thousand Oaks:
- Gary's Pools & Patio
- Keith Zars Pools
- Poolside Sales & Service
- I also thought there was a Texas Pools in that area as well.
- Closer to Loop 1604 & 281 you may find a "Warehouse Pool Supply" in the same shopping center on the corner as a Leslie's.
I'm sure there are other stores locally. I just happen to go by there often. Other than that ... on-line. :)
Thanks. I'd better go there and see - my search terms are inadequate and I can't find anything online that I like.

I thought Leslie's bought Warehouse. The one I used to go to down at 151 and 410 certainly changed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.