Outrage320 -- Intimidated New Member

That sounds about average with house water. What that tells you is that you will need some muratic acid on hand. Just make sure to store it safely. AWAY from bleach and in a well ventilated area without any metal as the vapors can cause rust on metal.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am also in your neck of the woods. They are finishing up coping and I hope they start our concrete decking next week.

How long did your pool take to finish?
Hi Jen,
We are still in progress here. Looking to probably be about 6 weeks in the end unless something causes delays (weather). We did have a little delay due to having re-route sewer but just a few days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well we had a bit of a disagreement with our PB about the amount of decking that was in the contract. So we were stalled for a bit. However, everything got worked out and they have framed for our pool decking. Just waiting on inspection before pouring the deck.

Welcome. Nice looking pool! You'll find that while seeming to be overwhelming at first, once you get started and working with it yourself, you can ask questions and you will get great feedback form the people here. This year was my first pool, and once I found this site and took charge of my own pool, I learned so much, it's not even funny. I went thru a SLAM and a tear down/re-level, and re-set up. By the time I had gone thru all that, I feel like a pool expert. I can tell what my test #'s are going to be before I even test. To make it short, don't be intimidated. Once you get into it, it's easy. With proper water balance and easy maintenance, your pool will virtually take care of itself.

Welcome. Nice looking pool! You'll find that while seeming to be overwhelming at first, once you get started and working with it yourself, you can ask questions and you will get great feedback form the people here. This year was my first pool, and once I found this site and took charge of my own pool, I learned so much, it's not even funny. I went thru a SLAM and a tear down/re-level, and re-set up. By the time I had gone thru all that, I feel like a pool expert. I can tell what my test #'s are going to be before I even test. To make it short, don't be intimidated. Once you get into it, it's easy. With proper water balance and easy maintenance, your pool will virtually take care of itself.
Thank you. I switched my hot Tub over to this method about two weeks ago and so far so good. Took a week to kind of find the sweet spot for all the numbers but now things seem to be very stable.

So they are finishing up on grading the yard today so some order is returning to the backyard. We also had to have a new 200 Amp main panel installed and new wiring pulled in from the meter to handle the load. Apparently with the hot tub we had we were very close to capacity on the 100 Amp panel. Plaster is tentatively scheduled for Monday so we're getting close. We are going out of town next weekend for the OU-Texas game and told our PB that plaster needed to happen early so we'd be here for at least the first few days. Getting very real. Now I'm just trying to figure out how/if I should winterized the pool after the break-in period. The weather can vary greatly from year to year so no idea how this winter will be. Our pump has freeze detection and kicks on when the temperature drops so not sure if I should do much more than treat with proper chemicals and throw a cover on it. Any advice from other Oklahoma neighbors is greatly appreciated.

Well some great news and possibly not great news. Plaster is done and pool filled with water! However, it's day 2 and I think there may be a crack or gap in the plaster this morning. Here are various pictures with one that's as good as I could get of the gap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support