Advice for Fixing Leak at PVC Valve

Dec 22, 2009
After noticing our pool level dropped a few inches overnight, I discovered a pretty significant leak at the base of the valve at the water return pipe. There's enough "meat" left above the concrete pad to put a new valve or coupling on to the 2" pipe, but I'm wondering what the best way is to approach this. Do I even need a valve there? And how do I repair this without cutting everything apart? I'm attaching a photo which shows where this leak is as well as the general layout of the plumbing.Leak.JPGLeak2.JPG Thanks in advance for any advice!

You could try silicone or a pipe wrap, but that would only be temporary. The best way would be to cut the pipe and put in new couplings. We had a suction side leak that we tried a temporary patch on, but it didn't stop air getting into the pump...

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.