New to the School

cubbybeave08 said:
frustratedpoolmom said:
MikeInTN said:
Cubby, why do you add the cal hypo once a week? The way you wrote it, it almost sounds like you do it as part of a regimen.

Because he won't listen to me.... :mrgreen: :p

That is not True Ann...I listen to everything you say...It is just sometimes...THE LOGIC gets in the way...No Really Ann gives me the best advice...and I take it all to heart...I just found that the CAL HYPO on Sunday sort of prepares the pool for the week. We have heavy use on the weekends...I am in it all weekend long, and the kids have friends in it all weekend...The Hypo just keeps me from having add a whole Gallon or more on Sunday...It was my first year with the pool and I really just wanted to make sure that after a heavy weekend of swimming and the direct sunlight that my pool gets all day long that it was in good shape for monday morning when I am not there to make sure the pool has been properly sanitized. I then through the week go ahead and add my bleach or liquid Chlorine per the pool calculator numbers, and everything...It is just a little extra that I did because of the heavy swiming...We use the pool every day, and many days there could be as many as 10 swimmers in the poo. And as for ANN...I DO LISTEN REALLY I DO! :wave:

It's not the hypo that I'm wondering about, it's the cal. Course, I'm one of those "don't add anything to the pool that doesn't need to be in there" kind of people. While calcium's not required for a vinyl lined pool, you can sure precipitate it out. Of course, I can say all this, because I use a SWG and rarely have to add any chlorine.. :lol: To each their own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.