Numbers ok but water has a hint of cloudiness

I agree it depends how much water you are losing. If it is a lot then I would maintain FC at 10. If it isn't a lot then I would SLAM. What is a lot? Not sure. :) An inch per day? Maybe?

Apply only slight upward pressure. I'm thinking too that perhaps the gasket got messed up, OR it could be possible that he did not tighten up the screws enough to hold the piece firmly against the liner too, and has left a gap between them that is allowing water to get between? Try tightening the screws a little, Not a lot, and see if that stops it. These are just suggestions, but hopefully someone who has experience in putting pools together etc. will be able to offer you better advice.

When I I pump water out it is about 50 to 75 gallons. 14 gallon shop vac and I'll dump it 3 to 5 times. Jet looks normal but I will try to reposition the eye and tighten screws. Is that a lot of water?

Double roman is both ends are of roman configuration.

Yeah I'd say that's a significant amount of loss when your not sure where you're losing it from. Look around the area especially where it fits over the liner etc., and make sure he didn't rip a hole in it somewhere because I don't think unless he failed to screw the eye on properly or left a big gap between, that you should be losing anywhere close to that amount unless there is a tear in the liner somewhere.

If you don't locate a tear somewhere you might want to make a new thread, in the Everything Else forum, Just click on FORUM at the top and then look down for a Forum called EVERYTHING ELSE and just post the new thread there.

Just do that post on just the issue of losing the water after the so called repair, and see if someone who deals with those sort of issues can offer you some additional support to stopping that leak. Then continue to use this thread for the rest of your SLAM posts. I wish I could help you more on resolving that issue.

Got the jet fixed yesterday finally. Do not believe I have a leak any more. My problem now is I am leaving Thursday morning (for ten days) and do not know if I start the SLAM today it will be cleared up by then. The wife will be home but I do not think she will be as anal about it as I am to complete the process.

Do you think I should just let her keep adding bleach until I get back or should I start the SLAM and hopefully clear it up before I leave?

10 days is a long time to be away. If your wife is not able to consistently maintain the SLAM and test FC as required, (if it were me) I would keep things simple for now. Simply ask her to add a routine amount of bleach each day based on typical usage. Show her how to test the basic stuff once a day or so (FC and pH) just to avoid anything major, then hit that SLAM properly when you return. That's just me. :)

10 days is a long time to be away. If your wife is not able to consistently maintain the SLAM and test FC as required, (if it were me) I would keep things simple for now. Simply ask her to add a routine amount of bleach each day based on typical usage. Show her how to test the basic stuff once a day or so (FC and pH) just to avoid anything major, then hit that SLAM properly when you return. That's just me. :)

I think you and I are on the same page, I can show her how to test for FC and pH and she can handle that easily.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok I'm back from my trip and the wife has been keeping the FC and 10 or greater. Water is still clear but FC is dropping slightly each day with SWG on 90% for 11 hours. I tested water today and the results were:
pH 7.5
Cc 0
TA 80
FC 7
CYA 80
CH 150

Does the SWG need to be turned off while the SLAM? I understand the pump shall run 24/7!

I plan on running the FC up to 31 and holding it, does the pH heed to be less than 7.5?

Ideas?

While a SWCG is not required to be off during a SLAM, it really isn't adding enough chlorine to make a difference. So, save the life of the cell and turn it off. Just stick with liquid chlorine.

Welcome Back!! I hope you had fun on your trip.

Actually your numbers look really good, your wife did well while you were away.

It is recommended that the pH be lowered to around 7.2 ppm prior to beginning the SLAM.

(If you need help with the POOLMATH calculations, or want us to double check what you get before you add, just let us know, and we'll be glad to assist.

As tim5055 said above, Might as well just turn SWG off during the SLAM.

So Here's the plan of action.

1)Turn Off SWG

2)It is recommended that the pH be lowered at 7.2ppm, prior to beginning a SLAM so add enough MA to lower to that level, sweep the area below where you add to ensure no MA has settled on the bottom.

WAIT at least 30 mins (I personally wait an hour when I add MA, but by all the posts I've seen they claim waiting at least 30mins is fine) AFTER adding the MA then

3)Add enough Liquid Bleach to raise your FC level to 31ppm, or slightly higher at 32, 33, and Maintain it there attempting to never allow the chlorine level to drop below 31ppm.

I hope this helps. Just let us know if you have any questions or need further assist. Have a wonderful night. :)

Wouldn't you know it. Started SLAM yesterday and got FC to 35 it went to 29.5 overnight so added more this more according to pool calculator and checked it at lunch it was down to 24.5. Added more bleach by pool calculator to get to 32 then it starts racing like mad this afternoon.

Is the rain gonna effect my SLAM, if so what do I need to do?

The rain isn't going to hurt a thing, it's only going to give you some free water :). The only way it would be an issue is if the pool overflows then you might have to adjust some things, but otherwise just keep bumping that chlorine level up, and it should be fine. :)

Been slamming for four days now and don't see I'm gaining. Water is still clear as a bell, but losing FC all the time. Last night I lost from 32 to 27. Replenished this morning and lost another couple parts till now. Just put more bleach in and will check again after work. Is it normal to take this long?

I'm concerned about damage to the pool.

Yes, those drops are the chlorine doing it's job. So depending on what you have in there for the chlorine to get rid of it can sometimes take and usually does take longer than 4 days, but it is so worth the time it takes because it kills all that out of your pool.

Just keep brushing 1 to 2x's daily, and vacuuming often, paying close attention to the spots where algae can hide such as : ladder, steps, area where the wall and bottom meet, lights, skimmer, etc. and that will help. As more of it is eliminated you will see less, and less of a chlorine loss. You are doing great, so just keep bumping up that chlorine level, and try to prevent it from ever dropping below shock level, even if you need to raise the chlorine adds by 1-2ppm more to prevent it from doing so. Just keep doing what your doing and it will get there. Have a wonderful day. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.