Loud Booster Pump

Jul 5, 2015
Oceandside
Hi All,

Thanks for all the previous advice. Pool guy came on Tuesday. In the last couple of weeks, before he came, we had an algae bloom. We got rid of (most of) it, and every morning we see clusters of a few brownish spots on the stairs or on the slope of the pool as it gets deeper. Pool guy said it is dirt, but I am convinced it is algae. We have been tending to it and keeping the chlorine high, but the spots still appear. We have a TF100 and are making sure to keep the levels as recommended, but how do I get rid of the last vestiges of what I think is algae? I don't have current levels on hand but can test later.

That is not the primary question though (as I realize that would be more appropriate in another forum). In any event, when the pool guy came, he vacuumed a good bit of water out of the pool through the discharge valve (not sure if that is the right term). The water level after he left was at or below the skimmers. Since then, the pool system (filter, pump, booster pump) has been louder than usual. Everything still works (for now...) but the filter also seems to be a little weaker than before (the water doesn't seem to be coming through the jets in the pool as fast). When I listen closely to the equipment, the noise actually seems to be coming from the booster pump, not from the filter or primary pump. Any thoughts on what the issue could be and/or how to resolve? Also, FYI, we typically run the filter ~8 hours during the day and this morning I backwashed (water coming out was greenish, which could relate to my first question), but the system is still fairly loud.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

D

First issue- if you have algae you need to deal with it before it gets ahead of you. Are you brushing *at least* weekly?? That really helps get things into circulation as well as disruption of any biofilm.

Second issue- you raised the water level again....right?? Have you double checked all valves are open?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.