How to troubleshoot Polaris 9300 sport?

Apr 16, 2015
Rosenberg/TX
About 2 weeks ago, one of the rear wheels broke off and I was able to fix it (basically bolted it back to the hub with alum and brass screws). While I had it in dry-dock, I opened up the case thinking that was how I needed to get the broken hub out. As those of you with this model will know, that wasn't necessary. Anyway, all got put back together nicely, no gaps or missing screws. Ran it 3-4 times on the long-cycle just fine. This evening I went to use it and it just sits there. :grrrr:

Well, that's not totally correct. Lights flash on the control panel once you plug it in, like it is supposed to. I push the "long cycle" button, the LED stays lit. A few bubbles from the robot, then the LED goes out and that's it. I pulled it from the water, cycled power, pushed the button and the propeller does spin but the wheels/brushes don't move. They will move manually but not real easily.

Any thoughts on what to try next? I'd hate to spend money on new cable/motor/control-unit only to find out it was the "doo-hickey" which is only a $10 part.

Thanks!

Bill W

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.