Salt Reading

not familiar with the salt pen, but even the Taylor salt test is +/- 200ppm and its considered the most accurate. honestly if your SWCG is happy and generating FC I wouldn't worry about it. if you are getting a high or low warning on your SWCG then need to investigate. the Taylor drop test for salt is the best one available. about $25 I think

The pool store that convinced me to find this place used test strips and some sort of scanner which I assume was connected to a computer.

The mentioned Taylor K1766 test is a drop test for salt only, so it's not what is usually referred to as a "test kit" around here. (It's very useful to find your approximate salt concentration, though)

A test kit, e.g the TF-100, allows you to monitor several important parameters including free chlorine (FC), combined chlorine (CC), pH and cyanuric acid (CYA).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.