Pool build in Oklahoma 1st time pool owner

Hello Jen, I'm in Oklahoma City area. Can't wait to watch your progress and get your thoughts. I have been watching Sooners build and want to find out all I can from both of you. Looks like clear skies next week.

We are going to have a 12 or 18 inch wall with 3 sheer descents in it. What options are there for material? Thinking of tile, stacked rock or our travertine turned vertical.

I would love to see anyone else's and know what you used on it.

We are going to have a 12 or 18 inch wall with 3 sheer descents in it. What options are there for material? Thinking of tile, stacked rock or our travertine turned vertical.

I would love to see anyone else's and know what you used on it.

We did a stacked wall with 3 sheer descents. No water in pool yet so can't show you what it looks like going but here is the wall.
9c5cf8f63bbd62d4b7816fc3fdcc8231.jpg
0202eeb843239d93b0143ca093b3cf52.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think it would look wonderful. There is a pool build on here from a while ago that the WHOLE pool is glass tiles! OH SO PRETTY!

I think that if you keep your water balanced and maintain your water line (every once in a while a good brushing) you would be fine using it.

The only real difference between your glass tile and "regular" tile is the amount of grout. You will have more due to size and such.

I vote do it! Of course I am not paying for it! LOL

Kim

Looks nice. Now you have a "job". Get a tape measure and go out and measure everything. Add 3 inches for the gunite.

It is deep enough? Long enough? wide enough? Are the steps set right? Benches? ect. NOW is the time to fix it if needed.

Kim

LOL looks like or is???? It is very important to measure with a tape measure. I know MY eyes are not good with size so........I would NEVER trust my eyes.

Yes 3 inches (on average) for the gunite.

Kim

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.