Intex swg high salt light on

Aug 2, 2015
tulsa, ok
I've had my fourth intex swg running for 2 weeks, with no problems. 7 hours a day as it's been heat index of over 100. Swam in the pool several hours Friday night. Today noticed the water level is 2-3 inches low. Must have been a lot of splashing. Water is cloudy with a sort of oily feel. We started noticing the oily feel when we got out Friday night.And the high salt light is on. Adding more water now. What else can I do to fix the high salt light? Since the system has been running for 2 weeks without it, amd I know I put the right amount of salt when starting it, if maybe not enough, why would the high salt light come on? I never checked the pool yesteday so don't know how long it's been on or if the swg produced chlorine last night.

call intex and get a new control unit sent out (if its still under warranty). mine is less than a month old and gave me the high salt right off the bat. worked once in a while, but then nothing but high salt error. called intex on Friday and they are shipping me a new control unit. most say this fixes the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.