Help switching from Perma-Salt

Jul 21, 2014
smyrna. tn
Split by moderator from HERE. jblizzle

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry, you were sold a bunch of bogus information and a system we do not recommend. Search the forum for "permasalt" and you will find plenty of reading.

We just do NOT recommend the use of metals in a pool due to the risks of staining and green hair.

BTW, we would not recommend just throwing in some Trichlor pucks either.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these so we are speaking the same language:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

You still have a chlorine pool ... and the maintenance on that is the same. You just have a bunch of copper in the water also.

Same thing happened to me, and Im not a happy camper at all! I bought this because I didn't want to do a chemistry experiment every time I wanted to swim. Heck I barely scraped by Chem 101 in college and that was eons ago.. System worked fine for about 6 weeks, but now all of a sudden the water is cloudy, no..opaque! I went to the store where I purchased the pool, had water tested, and they told me the phosphate level was high. Phosphates?? So I bought a $50 dollar a bottle phos-free to fix it. After 2 treatments..STILL opaque! Wised up to F-L's game and went to the local pool store, and got these numbers:
FC 0.52
pH 7.5
TA 78
CH 70
CYA 1- I'm not kiddin'
Cu 0.5(apparently a nml level according to F-L.)

I am frustrated, and angry, and feel like I got scammed. Just don't know what to do next. Will have to endure this POS system until the yr warranty runs out, but after that, I'm makin' a change. Just not sure which way to go. Any responses are appreciated. THX.

gksipple

18ft Seaside 52" deep AG, 26" Ecolife Sand Filter, Waterworks 1.5 HP, Permasalt POS. (guess you can tell where I got ripped off now)

Re: Perma salt system.- levels all over the place

Is the warranty dependent on you using the permasalt system? I would think if that's true, then they are required to provide you chemicals free of charge...at least that's how it works with car warranties in the same idea...

Re: Perma salt system.- levels all over the place

I believe that with this particular company, that if I didn't use the prescribed chemicals specifically designated for the Permasalt system, that would void any warranty. Not sure, but I don't really want to take that chance in case something really really major happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.