Added 58% Calcium Hypo - pool went cloudy

TonyMoc12549

Gold Supporter
Jun 15, 2015
Montgomery, NY
The pool has been on the Clorox bleach only diet for about 5 weeks. It looked great. My CH was at 225 and I want to get it up to 300/350 range. Since I have several left over pounds of Calcium Hypochlorite 57.8% I thought I would just use that for a few days instead of Clorox to treat the pool and raise the CH. I only added 2 lbs and while I can still see the bottom of my pool it went cloudy for about 24-36 hours. Is that to be expected since it really hasn't seen anything but bleach for 5 weeks? Also, is there CYA in Calcium Hypo? Thanks.

Richard thanks for the link. I should have figured it would be out there...I'm sure there's not much you guys haven't seen by this point.

ewkearns...TA too high? Okay. I just remembered that I typically target 150 bc the "pool store" kind of set that number in my head years ago. I now see it should be in the 70-90 range. Regarding pH though; once it FC comes down tomorrow or next day...is 7.8 okay for plaster as it notes on recommended levels; or I see a lot of forums where people are targeting more the 7.2 range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.