Testing/Balancing Pool+Spa Combo

dtrujillo63

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 25, 2015
Los Angeles
For those of you who have pool and spa combos, do you test and balance each body of water separately? I've only been testing and balancing my pool water but I do have the pool water circulating through the spa. I'm wondering if that's sufficient.

Do you have a return in the spa so that the spa water overflows into the pool whenever your pump is running? If so, I would think it would be balanced fairly closely to your pool water (unless you just added chemicals to the pool and it hasn't had a chance to distribute yet through the plumbing.

Mine is set up this way and I have never tested the spa water. I have only pulled my test water from the pool.

I test pH and drop it to 7.4 prior to use. I do not use my SWG during spa use (even on the lowest output setting, it raises the FC too much for my liking). Afterwards, I test pH/FC/CC and then turn on the SWG for 30-60mins (low speed, no heater) to bump the FC back up and oxidize the bather waste a little. Then I dump it all back into the pool and let it run normally (spa spillway) for another hour.

I might use the SWG if I have a spa party but it's typically just me and the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.