Slam + mustard algae + auto cover

Currently on day four of a SLAM for cloudy water and (what I suspect is) mustard algae.
Making decent progress on the 3 criteria and hope that be ready for 24 hour MA SLAM soon.
I know to run fountains and soak pool toys, etc. during MA slam but looking for advice as to how to ensure auto cover (solid vinyl Coverstar) doesn't harbor any algae. I have had the cover open continuously throughout SLAM and can imagine the rolled up, dark cover is a trouble spot for Algae.

Any tips?

Coverstar auto covers are always in contact with the water (bottom of the cover), by design... We are putting in the same and am interested in understanding how the cover affects any algae / organic elements...
What if (hypothetically) the pool chemistry is good, but the cover keeps bringing back the bad stuff every time the cover is closed?

There are always algae spores getting blown into water. You just don't want the cover to have thicker mats of algae. Remember that algae need light to grow so if the cover is rolled up then most of it won't be growing algae. When the cover gets into contact with pool water again, chlorine will kill what is on the cover. Once a pool is well maintained, an automatic cover should not be a problem.

I have an electric automatic safety cover and if any junk gets into the pool its from the top side of the cover after it is rolled up (opened) and then rolled out again (closed) because the top and bottom of the cover touch each other when rolled up. So it's not algae so much as dirt or debris that get in. This is why it's a good idea to brush and remove larger debris from the cover. This also keeps the vault clean longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.