Introduction

Jess99

Jul 18, 2015
Broken Arrow, OK
Hi! I'm Jess99. I've had our pool for 12 years. Never had any trouble maintaining it until last year, but got it under control pretty quickly with
the help of Leslie Pool at the cost of an arm and a leg. I am now having trouble with algae and am having a problem getting it under control.
I've already learned a lot by reading posts on internet. I am curious what you are calling a slam and how to do it.

Welcome! :wave:

SLAM means Shock Level And Maintain. The pool store shock is usually a one-time mega-dose of chlorine that might do something, but it's not a permanent solution. Our method is sustained for several days and when it's done right and you maintain adequate chlorine levels, it might be the very last time.

Remember, it's a battle to the death. You don't just knock the algae down and call it a win. The algae will get back up. No, you knock it down and kick it again and again and again so it can't get back up and eventually it dies.

The detailed instructions are here: Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Other people who have done it successfully and usually have pictures to prove it are listed in this thread. Most recent is last: Recovering my old inspirational links - Page 2