AGP Structural Maintenance?

Jun 24, 2014
Rockland County, NY
Hey Everyone,

So thanks to this site and the many many other resources online I think I’ve at the very least got my chemistry down and my pool has been doing great this summer. I haven’t been basically sprinkling cash into the water like my first year. One thing I can’t find too much info on is maintaining the structure of the pool itself. What should I be doing, if anything, to make sure this thing doesn’t fall down one day? Is there a point after replacing the liner a few times that putting up a new frame is just necessary?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting question. My pool turned 1 in March so I ma not in the best position to provide guidance on replacing the frame. I have read a few forum posts and it seems that each time people replace their liner, they inspect the uprights and track for rust. If they find any, they either get the Rustoleum or order new parts. Rust is usually found around the skimmer and where the tracks come in contact with the sandy ground. The name brand pools seem to last 10-30 years. If my pool lasts 10 years, I will be thrilled and feel that I more than got what I paid for.

This is my first year owning a pool so not going to be much help but i would think just like anything else no matter what you do sooner or later your going to have to replace some if not all of the main structure. But ill stick around to see what other ideas are tossed in here.

Good point Duraleigh. When my pool was installed they left a trench around the pool for me to fill in, or so I thought. I filled it with dirt and moved on. What I should have done was gotten some drainage pipe and put it in there and then covered it. I have had some soil shift because the rain water runs under the pool, not around it. Nothing that I cannot live with until a liner replacement is required but...live and learn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.