Skimmer Basket

Jun 22, 2015
New Jersey
Hello everyone
Im new to swimming pools and have a question regarding the pump skimmer basket. I seem to have a clog in one of my skimmer lines and plan on using a drain king from the pump skimmer line to unclog the skimmer line. My problem is I cannot get the water to stop coming out of the pump skimmer line. I tried closing all valves but I cannot draim the water out of the pump skimmer basket. Is there a combination of valves I should be opening and closing or do I have a valve failure? Any help would be most appreciated.

Sorry haven't had time to post pictures but I have posted a picture of my setup. pool.jpeg-page-001.jpg
I did drain my filter. I usually have the pool drain valve closed and one of the skimmer lines closed with the multiport valve in the closed position. Is this the correct way or should I have certain valves open and closed. My apologies if this seems like a stupid question but this is the first pool I've owned and it came with the house when I purchased it last year. So all this is new to me and I'm trying to pick things up as fast I can. I've read the multiport valve should be in the backwash position while others have said it should be in the closed position. Not sure which is correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.