Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question on Pool Calculator

1. Back To Top    #1

Question on Pool Calculator

According to the "Waterbalance for SWGs" page in Pool School, it list numbers that my numbers should fall within. When I use those numbers in Pool Calculator the results are scored at -0.66 and states "Corrosion of plaster likely". Have I missed something?
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question on Pool Calculator

The lowest I can get the CSI to go using the Pool School balancing for a SWG numbers is -0.55. That happens with:

PH 7.5
    TA 70
    CH 300
    CYA 80
    Borate 50
    Salt 3600
    Temp 80

Keep in mind that this is with all of the suggested ranges moved to which ever side of the range gives the lowest CSI value. Switching to the other side of each suggested range gives CSI numbers much closer to zero.

If your water is colder than that, you should not let the PH go that low. Also, when using borates and keeping the salt level on the high side it might be a good idea to raise CH a little, say to 350.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School