Is weir door doing its job

Jul 9, 2015
Lakewood, CA
I asked about the necessity of the weir door the other day. Just installed and it appears the water is coming through the opening of the pool at the same speed, but is gushing to the skimmer/skimmer basket (like a toilet being flushed), so the water is never able to rise in the skimmer. I assume this means the door is increasing the flow rate as it is supposed to?

Well, yes, but I don't like hearing you say it is gushing. Water level should be roughly halfway up on the skimmer throat and no gushing......just a steady flow. Is your water level too low?

You should keep your posts under one thread so we can see your "whole story"

Well, yes, but I don't like hearing you say it is gushing. Water level should be roughly halfway up on the skimmer throat and no gushing......just a steady flow. Is your water level too low?

You should keep your posts under one thread so we can see your "whole story"

Thanks! Will keep under one thread in future. Water level raises about halfway up on the skimmer throat, then lowers. It's the lowering that makes the sound I described as "gushing." Maybe steady flow is better description. Sorta looks like a little waterfall. I think the water legal is fine - it's about halfway up the side opening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.