Used Tiger Shark RC9950

May 26, 2014
North Canton, Ohio
Hi Everyone!
I am looking at craigslist and came across a used Tiger Shark RC9950 robot. According to the post, it's a couple years old, but only used for 1 season on a vinyl pool (picture shows TigerShark by AquaVac and it states manufactured by AquaVac. I see that AquaVac was purchased by Hayward in 2007, so I'm not sure I believe this statement. Also, looking at the picture, it's boxier than the google images of the same model).

"We are tearing out our swimming pool, and selling everything. All items are only a couple years old and only used for one season of swimming. We are selling all of this due to a death in the family and nobody wants to do upkeep on the pool. All prices are neg. please text or call and leave a message anytime. I will post as many pictures as I can, if you would like more pictures just let me know.
5. Tiger Shark robot pool vacuum, This is about $900 brand new, this thing will program itself to your pool the fist time you use it. Its only the most amazing pool cleaner ever, especially if you hate vacuuming your pool. you can also purchase an optional remote control for it. will sell this item for $375 obo.
All prices on these things are neg. most of them need cleaned up from sitting in the garage last winter. I will clean them up as I sell them. If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime, if you don't get me leave a message and I will get back with you as soon as I can."​

So, I'm looking for everyone's opinions on if it's a deal or should I walk away! I really like to do my homework before handing over my hard earned cash! There are several things that I would like to purchase, and I am trying to prioritize, unless I find a deal (cleaner is near the bottom of the list, since I can always clean manually!)
My List:
SWCG
Safety Cover (can probably get 1 more year out of my tarp and water bags)
Heat Pump
Robot
Drop in steps (have some, but the top step is 4" higher than the side of the pool, I think they are actually for an AGP, but they came with the house)
Diving Board (to replace the one that broke the first summer we were in the house)

That's not including my house list! LOL

That's the same one I have. Works pretty well in my pool. You'd regret cleaning manually all the time and this one is great at picking up dust and small debris. Great price as long as everything is in good shape and working. I'd make sure to have a way to test it and make sure the filters are in good shape. I'd much prefer a robot with a top loading filter/basket but it works well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.