PH questions

First off my readings are as following
FC 9
CC 0
Alk 130
Cal 250
CYA 80
10,000 gal fiberglass pool, single filter cartridge, and I live in sunny southwest Florida...

I work to keep my ph hovering around 7.4 .. According to my Taylor k-2006 my water is always balanced +/- 0.2..

My question is I use liquid chlorine ( now due to a CYA nightmare with the pucks and the ensuing algae bloom from CYA levels over 200 .. being a novice.... ) My ph by weeks end tends to end up at 8.0 is this a normal creep due to liquid chlorine or is there something I can tweek to keep it stable?

Try bringing the TA down to around 90 and see if the pH is more stable with TA at that level. Do you have anything running that churns and breaks the surface of the water, such as a return pointed up, waterfalls, or fountain? Water features aerate the water and cause pH to rise.

Pucks are acidic, so when you were using them before you were actually suppressing the natural rise of pH in your pool. zea has identified the most common causes of pH rise, but some pools just have rising pH. Heck, even kids swimming and splashing causes the pH to rise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.