FloridaPoolNewbie

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2021
Florida
I've been checking my FC and PH every couple of weeks (pool not completely shut down but not using much), and this morning I realized I had zero FC! We've had a lot of rain here in Florida but the SWG was set to 15%. There is plenty of salt in the pool and I'm getting no indications from the display that anything is not working correctly. The visual inspection of the cell looks like it's clean with no build up.

In the meantime, I've added liquid chlorine to bring it up. My pool is otherwise fine with all levels and it's blue. There's also been a lot of pollen in the pool area. Is the pool safe to swim in when the FC comes up? Should I assume a small algae issue or perhaps the SWG cell is broken/needs cleaning?

Last edited:
Post a full set of current test results from one of the recommended test kits.
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Water temp
Salt

What testkit are you using? Add it to your signature.

The link to your PoolMath logs in your signature isn't working for me.

Post a full set of current test results from one of the recommended test kits.
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Water temp
Salt

What testkit are you using? Add it to your signature.

The link to your PoolMath logs in your signature isn't working for me.
TF-100 kit...
FC-2 (added liquid this morning, apparently it's lost some potency sitting outside as a I wanted to get up to 5ppm).
CC-0
PH-7.4
CH-250
TA-50
CYA-50 (will add more next week)

If you have an auto fill, that would make your FC drop a bit faster as chlorinated water leaks out and it’s replaced by fresh. (Or if you’re refilling a lot because of that leak. )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.