Our 1st day - Auburn_Girl DIYer's HydroSpa Pool is open

Auburn_Girl

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
Central NC
We still can not believe it is really finished and everything is working perfectly!! :-D
We put a ton of hard work in it and still have the enclosed multi-windowed sunroom and landscaping yet to come; but today is a very BLESSED and great day. . . no more plumbing or electrical work. Here are a few of our first pictures. Also, this is what is in it:
Viking/CPC 6500 gal shaphire blue fiberglass shell           
0.75 HP Jandy Stealth Pump (Filtration System)
0.75 HP Hayward (booster pump)
4 HP Speck Pump - Badu Jet StreamII system
Jandy CJ250 single cart. Pool Filter
Jandy Lite2 LJ125K BTU propane gas heater
Solar heater, Aquatherm Sys w/6 panels
Hayward Phantom Pool Vac
(A) Jandy 2” Never-Lube 3-port valves (2)
(B) Jandy 2” Never-Lube 2-port valve (5)
(Ck) Jandy 2” Never-Lube Check Values valve (1)
(C) Jandy JVA 2440 Actuators (2)
Asahi 4” PVC Butterfly valve w/ flanges (2)
Auto Water-Leveler
Fiberstar Fiber Optic circumferential lighting
Handrails/anchors/cover
Jandy Control Interface – PDAP8 Aqualink
Jandy Sub-Panel Power Center (6614AP700)
Jandy Purelink 7-blade Salt Chlorine Generator
Simple fish water accent and (2) Jandy Deck Jets

9.jpg
(dry-in roof next and then the walls with huge windows to go in ASAP)
10.jpg
(Mother is pleased) :p
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Thank-you for your thoughtful comments

I just wonder how long will it be before I stop dreaming about els, couplings, load and line, measuring everything and runnng back and forth from Home Depot and Lowes for one more item that I needed.

Oh yea, I am always an Auburn University girl . . . but from Eufaula!!

Yes, this weekend we are putting up the ceiling to dry it in and then comes the walls and windows. The idea is to use it everyday, year-round. The hardest part was getting an end-to-end 6 ft deep pool it under the deck and that is why it had to be this specific fiberglass model. As we enclose the area to make it a bonus room and do all the landscaping, I'l update this thread with newer photos. Thanks for your help and comments. I could not have done as well without you great people here and on the other pool forums.

Oh, for others of you DIYers - - some lessons learned:

* Where you locate the equipment pad is more important than you might think. Study carefully if you can place the concrete pad first and as close to the pool as possible. Also, have it at least at the same level as your pool's water-level or around 10"-12" above the water level is even better.
* Other info and potential help, look here: http://www.g3-designs.com/JHF/Pool_Stuff/jhf_poolstuff.htm
I wish you well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.