zman's Pool Construction

TresW said:
I'd suggest not starting the BBB method until your pool is stable and balanced on the inline chlorinator. It takes years for the CYA levels to become a problem. Give it a few months to make sure you don't have any warranty issues, then convert over to BBB. That way the PB won't have anything/ anyone else to blame if a problem comes up.

Huh? I peacefully beg to differ. CYA levels can become a problem in months not years. Using BBB will not void your warranty. Its just liquid chlorine instead of granular or tablet form. Pool builders build pools well but do a pretty bad job with pool startup. Learn how to balance your pool yourself...

Filling Today

Well, we are filling the pool as I type this. We had some uncertaintly the past week with the pool builder temporarily shut down due to a lawsuit but they came through and finished up the plaster on Monday.

Updated Photos

Now time to tackle the landscaping!

I thought DLSDO made a significant post and I'd like to add a "ditto" to it.

BBB is not magic or a "special" or "different" way to care for your pool. It's more of an understanding of pool water chemistry and realizing you don't need all the "magic" ingredients that pool stores push on you.

Most importantly, I agree with DLSDO that builders are frequently the worst when it comes to understanding pool water.

So, if starting your pool as the builder suggests delays your understranding of how to balance your pool water, don't do it. Jump in and gain the knowledge you need to take charge of your pool from day one. DLSDO is correct, CYA imbalance can happen in months if you don't understand whats going on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.