yet another DFW pool build thread

didn't get to stonework but at least got the coping cut up to the finger ledge along the back. I'll snap some pics tomorrow.

I'm going to run the flood light over the pad to the EasyTouch so I can turn it on remotely without having to fumble around for the switch in the dark.. that's the theory at least :)

some more pics. I'm hoping the gray coping on top of the raised beam doesn't look quite as out of place once we get the side retaining/sitting walls next to them. just takes a little getting used to I suppose.

not sure how we'll deal with this. the coping/wallcap doesn't cover all of the gunite shell and we're not going to have decking on the back side of the pool. the yard will be re-graded along the back side to help alleviate somewhat but we'll still probably have a gap between the soil and the expose gunite shell. I'm thinking something like a 12" border of gray or white rocks/pebbles (like mexican beach pebbles) might help lessen the transition as I was going to put some of that down anyways so we didn't have soil/mulch bumping up against the coping on the back side of the pool to begin with. thoughts?

we're hoping for deck form on either Saturday or Monday and then hopefully deck pour shortly thereafter.

I'll be sealing the stone for the raised bond beam and figured it would be easier (albeit warmer) if I did it before plaster/water.. or does that need to wait for some reason?

we're hoping for deck form on either Saturday or Monday and then hopefully deck pour shortly thereafter.

I'll be sealing the stone for the raised bond beam and figured it would be easier (albeit warmer) if I did it before plaster/water.. or does that need to wait for some reason?

They sealed all my stone before plaster/water so you should be good to go! Glad to see your making progress now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure how we'll deal with this. the coping/wallcap doesn't cover all of the gunite shell and we're not going to have decking on the back side of the pool. the yard will be re-graded along the back side to help alleviate somewhat but we'll still probably have a gap between the soil and the expose gunite shell. I'm thinking something like a 12" border of gray or white rocks/pebbles (like mexican beach pebbles) might help lessen the transition as I was going to put some of that down anyways so we didn't have soil/mulch bumping up against the coping on the back side of the pool to begin with. thoughts?

We have the exact same issue going on for about a 8 foot segment along the back of ours too. We are looking for ideas too. The problem with ours is that there is a long flower bed just the other side of it only about 18" away so I don't think putting down any kind of rock is going to work. I am really interested to see what you choose to do or what others in this situation might do. I really feel like we need to just have stone adhered to it like the side of the spa...

We have the exact same issue going on for about a 8 foot segment along the back of ours too. We are looking for ideas too. The problem with ours is that there is a long flower bed just the other side of it only about 18" away so I don't think putting down any kind of rock is going to work. I am really interested to see what you choose to do or what others in this situation might do. I really feel like we need to just have stone adhered to it like the side of the spa...

I'm going to be putting in a flower bed behind the pool as well. I had planned to lay down some metal landscape edging about 12-18" away from the coping and that would be the start of the flower bed. I'd then put the rocks in between the back edge of the coping and the metal landscape edging.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
posting on behalf of a neighbor using the same PB. *not* my pad but using the same PB. anything that screams NO re: the equipment pad install? seems like a pretty nice default install job.

is this normal? started to fill up the pool and the shelf bubbler was leaking/seeping water. anything to be concerned about here?

as for my pad, we went ahead and extended it to connect with the concrete pad outside the side door as that little side wall will be where the ET8 goes since they don't install them directly behind the equipment. it was about 4x6 to the corner of the house to the a/c unit so we've got about 8' wide to play with and then that section that'll be under the ET8. I want to keep as much room as possible on the gate side so we can still get some stuff in/out thru that gate but also want stuff easy to access on the equipment pad. if we'd add a heater down the line it would probably by the new Hayward heat pump (HP50HA) and it's a good 42" long and 17" deep but I'm thinking we could turn it perpendicular to the rest of equipment if needed?

thoughts? I hope to get tape out once the pad is poured and kinda lay the equipment out beforehand to see what might work best.

deck guys are here to do the pour this morning. let's hope the rain holds off..

I was able to check the bags for the deck color (Austin Buff) on 2-3 bags before they started. looks like they handcast the powder over the deck as opposed to some liquid add-in like they'd do in an acid stain kit.

I'm hoping we can go until mid-October at least if I pick up some solar covers as we won't have the ability to heat the pool without a heater as part of our build.

haven't heard our next steps but assume it's finishing the remaining stonework (seating walls along some of the decking and firepit) and then running the elec to the pad, etc.. before we get to plaster. I imagine we still might be 3 weeks away from water but that's just a guess.

the deck guy said we set the world record for umbrella sleeves.. we had 13 of them installed..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.