yet another DFW pool build thread

yeah, we're hoping the PB may be able to bring some of those samples to us. if not, a trip to the showroom with a sample of tile and stone is likely in order so we can see how it looks in the sunlight as well as how hot our two primary choices will get in the sun. it's concrete and sun in TX so it's gonna get hot just want to see if the darker one is noticeably more unbearable :)

PB dropped off 2 samples, says they are the light and dark gray though I'm not 100% confident of that. seems like it may be white and light gray based on some of the pics and the bullnose/rockface profiles unless he got multiple samples. Hard to say as the pic in the shade comes close to the in-store pic provided but the sun pics make them look like white and light gray. a 3rd sample woulda removed any doubt :)

yeah, definitely prefer the darker of the 2 as well. will run by the showroom tomorrow and verify with the other samples to make sure we're ordering the right one since they both look markedly lighter here than in the showroom pics samples.

I can't wait to see more! I am going with a medium gray coping also. What are you doing on the raised bond beam?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

raised bond beam, as well as retaining/sitting walls and firepit, will be from the white Austin stone in the pics and all capped with the grey rockface coping. we're going with the rockface (as shown in the top pic of the coping options above) instead of bullnose for all caps as well as coping and finger ledge along the back. I think that'll blend in nicer with the Austin stone texture.

plumbing finally got done but unfortunately I wasn't home to take pics and the trenches have already been back-filled... grrr... per the contract there are 2 skimmers run independently to the pad, 6 returns and then 2 bubblers in the shelf (run independently back to the pad, as a pair if that makes sense) as well as a dedicated 1-1/2" suction/cleaner line. the auto-fill is tied into the sprinkler system so I'm not expecting to see a pipe at the pad. need to have the PB come by and point out what each of these are but I'll try and play detective in the interim.

If I had to guess, the two 1.5" pipes are suction/cleaner and my 2 shelf bubblers. then two of the 2" pipes are for the skimmers but that leaves just two more 2" pipes for the 6 returns? I had a note that I wanted them all plumbed independently at the pad but that doesn't look to be the case at all..

http://

- - - Updated - - -

also, it's currently pressurized between 35 and 40 and they're wanting to get the deck form done quickly and get the deck poured soon.. how long should I make sure pressure is holding before I give the all clear to dump a bunch of cement over the plumbing pipes?

so not much real progress to report but we had some of the start-up dropped off today (as I weep silently knowing we SHOULD be done around this time...)

at any rate, I'm supposed to get a Taylor test kit (I think it'll be the K-2005) but got a Pentair (Rainbow Model 78) one dropped off. If I get a K-2005 from the PB will that suffice initially (I hadn't decided on the K-2006 or TF-100 yet but I've got some time).

and the chemicals dropped off. what of this am I going to need and what can I sell to a neighbor? :)

and, all things considered, appears to be a pretty decent vacuum for the dedicated cleaner line.

Not the worse test kit out there......................one person was given a sample bottle of strips :shock: Talk about cheaping out!

Either kit will do but the TF-100 is a better bang for the buck as it is packaged so that is has more of what we use the most.

Did they drop off the hose to go with the cleaner?

The chemicals are pretty standard for a start up. The only thing you might not use is the Re-fresh but you can use it in the beginning to add FC and CH if needed.

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yeah, they dropped the hose/pole/net off as well.. nothing too exciting there. I was leaning towards the TF-100 with possibly adding the speed stir and the K-1766 salt test?

should I go ahead and test my water with the Pentair kit just to get an advanced heads-up of what I may be dealing with down the road?

That's alot better test kit than I got from my PB. I got a little container of "guess strips". Fortunately, I had the TF-100 waiting in the wings. It became a sport of mine when the set up guy showed up, he'd do his strip, and I'd use a real kit. Chlorine was actually pretty close. pH wasn't really that close. easily .2 off. Did you also get a cleaner?

I've got unions around the pump stated in the contract and want to make sure I leave room for a heater if I add one down the line (probably the Hayward HP50HA) when they plumb the pad. apart from making sure the filters are easily reachable so I can access them when cleaning, what else *should* the pad look like?

Bypass for the heater so just in case you need or want it......

The basket on the pump-make sure you have room to open lid to access it.

Will you be able to get the pump up and out if needed? Some are so close that it is close to impossible.

Light by the pad? Outlet? Easy hose access to help clean the filter?

:kim:

Yeah - my pool builder gave me a 10 pack sample tube of some 3 in 1 test strips that everyone, from the pool techs, the service manager, and the project superintendent all said were not reliable at all. So when I realized that, I went for the TF-100 and the magnetic stir thing (actually is way more useful than I thought it would be!) and I don't regret it at all. It's worth the money and they have a March sale to fully refill it anyway - I'd say pull the trigger on a real kit and don't guess!!

Yeah - my pool builder gave me a 10 pack sample tube of some 3 in 1 test strips that everyone, from the pool techs, the service manager, and the project superintendent all said were not reliable at all. So when I realized that, I went for the TF-100 and the magnetic stir thing (actually is way more useful than I thought it would be!) and I don't regret it at all. It's worth the money and they have a March sale to fully refill it anyway - I'd say pull the trigger on a real kit and don't guess!!

Light over pool equip...genius. Did my PB suggest that ever??? Nope. I did have the electrician add a 4 bank of outdoor outlets though.

How'd the coping and stonework turn out?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.