Y'all!!! I'm scared!!

[EDIT]
Welp,
After I typed all this out I see your post about not being able to touch it for a month... Oh well! It might come in handy anyhow....
[END EDIT]

Ok, so with your readings, and using pool math.

your FC is barely there because you have 0 CYA,. We are going to raise it to 3ppm fC becuase the chlorine you do have will burn off by the sun fairly quickly. Use 8.25% regular household bleach, and add 41 ozs. Pour the chlorine slowyly in front of a return and let the water from the return mix it up.

Your CC is high, but thats expected with a new pool fill. Dont worry about it today.

Your pH is too low. 6.8 is as low as the test will measure, so it may well be lower than that. It may take 2 goes at it to get it right.
Dont use Borax, it will take twice as much Borax as it will washing soda to raise your pH to 7.5. Add 118 ozs of Washing SODA (not washing powder). Fill a 5 gallon bucket with pool water and add washing soda and mix with your hand until the water turns milky. Then just pour it in the pool. Repeat until all of the washing soda has been added.

Your TA at 150 which is higher than recommended, but we are going to leave it alone right now. Your new plaster will cause pH to rise of time and you will use Muriatic Acid to lower the pH, which will also lower the TA.

CYA needs to be raised to 30. Add 56 ozs of dry CYA (a.k.a. stabilizer and conditioner) into an old sock(s) or pillow case. Tie a string to the sock, and tie the other end of the string to your broom pole and hang it in front of a return. Give the sock a squeeze every now and then to help squeeze out the CYA into the water. It may take a few hours. Dont worry about measuring it again for a few days. CYA is very slow to register on the test after its been added to the water.

CH is good at 375.

Some notes on adding chemicals.
- always have the pump running when adding them.
- always let the pump run at least 30 to 45 minutes after adding them.
- Its safe to swim 30 minutes after adding chemicals

Hope this helps,

2f1f470cf2a29bb6278288c9f75cce7d.jpg

Pool is 14,180 gallons

On the cya-the dot never went away. What does that mean?

They have you covered Amanda. Do one test at a time.

I would not worry about the CYA right now as it will have to be added. Does your PB have pucks in your inline? Those will add CYA slowly.

Check with your PB about your PH. I would turn on your water features and they will push your PH up.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.