Winterizing a Splash Superpool

hsmom

Jun 16, 2009
Moved from here.

@JLF
Hello - I saw your post from 2016, hope you have enjoyed your pool as much as we have enjoyed ours. I am trying to connect with owners of this pool, for winterizing questions. The store we bought our pool from, went out of business shortly after we purchased ours, we haven’t had any concerns, but I can’t really get any answers to some of my questions, even from dealers.
We have never really figured out how to easily remove the bottom hose that feeds to the filter, for winterizing. This is our 18th year of having this pool, and we always have to have somebody get in the pool to put in a plug, why somebody’s on the outside removing the valve and plugging. It seems ridiculous, but necessary. Some people don’t put a plug inside the pool, but I’m not sure how they keep the valve from cracking in the winter. We live in Kansas and we’ve gone through one valve we left it on one winter, but we still pluged from the inside. I would truly appreciate any thoughts on what you have done regarding this bottom hose removal. We either have to close early so the water is not too cold for someone to help with the plug, or we close late and it’s very uncomfortable because the water is too cold. When I called the company, they’ve been a little help with my concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.