Will testing levels vary from season to season?

Hi,

I stumbled into TFP mid summer last year and never looked back. While I have forgotten a few things, I wanted to ask this question. I have a plaster pool that is about 28,500 gallons. Last season, my CYA was around 65 (maybe 70). I don't exactly remember my total Alkalinity but I know it was always on the high side (120+). I was also adding muriatic acid fairly regularly to keep the pH in check.

So, this winter I really neglected my pool and when it opened there was a lot of algae. I slammed it and it looks great. But what is odd is my CYA seems to be closer to 40 now (maybe 45), my total Alkalinity is 80, and my pH seems to be steady at 7.2. These seen like drastic swings to me when compared to last season. I'm using the TF-100 testing set which I got early to mid summer last year (so, it shouldn't even be a year old yet). I will retest everything in the morning, but is it reasonable to change for the better like this?

For what it's worth, the water looks crystal clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.