Who does woodworking? Post your projects here!

I made a spice rack once and a double-decker 10 gallon fish tank stand! Woohoo! I enjoy the framing type of woodwork better, decks/basements, etc., so long as neither feels like actual work, it's ok.

Bmore, there is something about framing that I always liked to do more than cabinets, maybe because it’s not required to be as exacting. Plus framing goes quicker, looking like you accomplished more in a shorter period of time.

I would totally want to do framing so I could eventually hide all my bent nail heads and miscut pieces of wood behind drywall and paint :)

I am a hobby woodworker. Had a nice little shop built right next to the pool. Some days it’s hard to decide, air-conditioned shop or the pool.
ef0922a170304847bcab1408c483b3b1.jpg
e13935c82918a53d2c11b16a3ec0f8f3.jpg
7518a150f97ef8543bcb8f3b1cdf06b2.jpg
7e997fdd12f1e67e60d6ee53b6b96175.jpg
10b36d925fec74d8d2477ffb9965785a.jpg
4c9e92fdf9060517d682e619b8d27996.jpg
5ed72971a2e48ec31a41a58a591f1e01.jpg
7b21e6631e2cd62b46ac2d87c9969222.jpg

Dewayne,

Very, very nice... I don't see a long line of people standing in line to take our place... :p

I guess they will just print stuff out on their 3-D printers...

My shop was clean... once...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Dewayne B.

“Hobby Woodworker” .... uh, hardly! You are a master craftsman IMHO and that shop is to die for as very few people install their own dust exhaust systems ... very, very nice!

- - - Updated - - -

We (wife and I) used to drive through Vacaville a lot when her parents lived up near Placerville. We always stopped at the Outback Steakhouse as Vacaville was about halfway for us. We no longer have family in CA so no more trips up to the Gold Country for us....

Dewayne B.

“Hobby Woodworker” .... uh, hardly! You are a master craftsman IMHO and that shop is to die for as very few people install their own dust exhaust systems ... very, very nice!

Thanks, lets just say I'm pretty serious about my hobby. I work 55+ hours a week driving a garbage truck and don't do any commission work. Just for family. Wish I had more time and retirement is coming soon. The shop structure set me back 40K so I figured why not add the dust collection for another 4K. The only reason my wife tolerates this is that she loves the things I make.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just finished this one. I used Cherry with a Maple top. Movement is a Sankyo Orpheus 3-song 50 note. I wanted to see how quickly I could get this done and did this in around 10 days.

Not sure the embed works here so this is the direct link: Sanyo Orpheus 50 note cherry and maple music jewelry box - YouTube

Thats some mighty fine work. I love making small boxes but mine are pretty basic as far as hardware and removable trays and such. I recently made 12 boxes and gave them to family for Christmas.
f5094cf9915e14611873155968208030.jpg

Thanks, lets just say I'm pretty serious about my hobby. I work 55+ hours a week driving a garbage truck and don't do any commission work. Just for family. Wish I had more time and retirement is coming soon. The shop structure set me back 40K so I figured why not add the dust collection for another 4K. The only reason my wife tolerates this is that she loves the things I make.

If you could leave the garage door unlocked, I’ll drive by and “relieve” you of any overstock you might have...you’ll know I was there as there will be packages of freshly made jerky left in the spot where the furniture once was....beautiful workmanship, your family is very lucky to have such a skilled craftsman on retainer.

If you could leave the garage door unlocked, I’ll drive by and “relieve” you of any overstock you might have...you’ll know I was there as there will be packages of freshly made jerky left in the spot where the furniture once was....beautiful workmanship, your family is very lucky to have such a skilled craftsman on retainer.

Thanks, that sounds interesting and I do like jerky. The problem with jerky though is once you eat it it's gone forever. [emoji6][emoji38]

Unlike lemon meringue pie which hangs around forever.

Thanks, that sounds interesting and I do like jerky. The problem with jerky though is once you eat it it's gone forever. [emoji6][emoji38]

However, you do live in “cow town” (Vacaville), so the supply of raw materials is endless :chef:

Unlike lemon meringue pie which hangs around forever.

Not in my house! Lemon Meringue is one of my all time favorites :D

However, you do live in “cow town” (Vacaville), so the supply of raw materials is endless :chef:

Not in my house! Lemon Meringue is one of my all time favorites :D

Hangs around at the waistline!! [emoji6]

Thats some mighty fine work. I love making small boxes but mine are pretty basic as far as hardware and removable trays and such. I recently made 12 boxes and gave them to family for Christmas.
f5094cf9915e14611873155968208030.jpg

Wow your chests are fantastic! I am about to start building a chest for a specific wall in our house and those give me some ideas. Your boxes are also really nice I see you are similar to me; find a good design and then mostly just vary that design. I love your shop as well I have a small harbor freight dust collection system and move the single 4" flexible tube machine to machine. I have also been wanting to try to make a chair in the "Sam Maloof" style.

Wow your chests are fantastic! I am about to start building a chest for a specific wall in our house and those give me some ideas. Your boxes are also really nice I see you are similar to me; find a good design and then mostly just vary that design. I love your shop as well I have a small harbor freight dust collection system and move the single 4" flexible tube machine to machine. I have also been wanting to try to make a chair in the "Sam Maloof" style.

Thank you, the Sam Maloof chair would be a great challenge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.