Where is the air getting into system?

hardikp

May 27, 2022
NJ
Hi,

I need help narrowing down the location of air leak in my inground concrete pool system. Attached image shows the system. Water from two skimmers go into the pump via a jandy valve. Pump doesn't have any air bubbles. So, it doesn't look like a suction-side air leak.

Is the filter introducing these air bubbles? What should I check/fix there?

And if it's not the filter, what are the other possibilities?

Thank you!

PXL_20230616_201136001~2.jpg

Attachments

• bubbles_from_return_jet.gif
    bubbles_from_return_jet.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
Your SWCG creates chlorine and hydrogen gas. The chlorine goes into the water instantly. The hydrogen gas exits your returns as bubbles.

That's good to know. Thanks!
I turned off SWCG and it reduced the bubbles by about 75%. I think this is good for now.
However, let me know if there are any suggestions on what to check for the remaining bubbles.

Air can only get into the system with the pump running from the suction side. So checking that union and the Jandy valve on the suction side are the most likely spots. Also the pump basket cover gasket and drain plugs. Be sure to use Pool Lube - Further Reading

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.