Where is my return Line? I want to blow out the lines to winterize

What order do you think i should do this in? Drain, Skimmer, Return?
So long as they all get cleared, it doesn't matter. It seems like alot in the thinking phase, but it makes more sense when doing it. You move this valve that way and water shoots out there. Then you move the valve or the blower to get another section.

It may take a few cracks at it (seasons) to figure out how it works best for your setup. Next year you might tweak this or that and some of it will be more efficient and you'll keep doing it that way.

Be sure to balance the water chemistry first before closing. Then adjust the water level as needed. Once that's done, then you can start draining everything first to remove the residual water. Keep all the drain plugs safe and together. The pump pot is one option. Once you have drained everything, you can start opening-up the plumbing at those locations to gains access for the ShopVac/blower and start pushing air.

Stick close to those closing article links above to ensure you stay on track. :goodjob:
Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

In case it helps, this was my process last year :

Reactions: canadianpoolz
In case it helps, this was my process last year :

Thanks!

Reactions: Newdude
Be sure to balance the water chemistry first before closing. Then adjust the water level as needed. Once that's done, then you can start draining everything first to remove the residual water. Keep all the drain plugs safe and together. The pump pot is one option. Once you have drained everything, you can start opening-up the plumbing at those locations to gains access for the ShopVac/blower and start pushing air.

Stick close to those closing article links above to ensure you stay on track. :goodjob:
Last question if you don’t mind: the photo you sent circled. Where should i connect the shop vac ? Would be into the pipe i detached or would be into the sand filter?

Attachments

• IMG_8772.jpeg
    IMG_8772.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1
So long as they all get cleared, it doesn't matter. It seems like alot in the thinking phase, but it makes more sense when doing it. You move this valve that way and water shoots out there. Then you move the valve or the blower to get another section.

It may take a few cracks at it (seasons) to figure out how it works best for your setup. Next year you might tweak this or that and some of it will be more efficient and you'll keep doing it that way.
Gotcha!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.