when to tighten top plates

crease in pool wall???

Was about 20 min from putting the liner in a wind storm come from nowhere and took out all my hard work. I had to role the wall back up and there is some places that got creased how serious is this I have watched the weather very careful to avoid this and bam out of nowhere wind. :rant:

Re: crease in pool wall???

I had the same problem setting my pool up. The crease should be ok as the weight if the water will push against it. If there are sharp or jagged edges you can try layering duct tape over them and then lightly tapping them out. If the crinkle is minimal and there's no fear of it tearing the liner, just layer duct tape over it. I'm brand new to this, so if a pro has a different suggestion, please follow their advice and not mine!!

Re: crease in pool wall???

We had wind when ours went up and a new guy on the crew that installed. He almost lost a side, even with bungees.
The guys explained to me it's fairly common & although ours didn't go down we could expect to hear some popping sounds when the water was introduced and everything "snapped" / "settled" into place.

The water truck then came ~ the guy said he has been filling pools for decades and warned us to be aware we could hear some loud pops especially when truck 2 came. Explaining truck number one usually sucks the side in and truck number 2 usually snaps them into place. Once truck number 3 is offloading everything is pretty settled. We then casually talked about what almost happened & he said "Yep, it's very common I arrive to fill when called, they lost a side to wind, readjust & it pops loudly back into place.

Up to this time I've only had an inground pool ~ it didn't pop. And ours upon filling didn't really make any super loud noises like we were told we could expect. But I do know from speaking with 4 people who do this daily it is pretty common.

Hope all is well with yours & I am sure a pro will see this and guide you appropriately.
Good Luck!

Re: heritage 24x52 with deck and backyard renovation(pics)

Wow, that really stinks :(

Creases are not end of the world as long as you can straighten the wall and still get it in the bottom and top rails. If you want, post a pic.

oooppsss i may have made a mistake!!!!!!!

used a vacuum to pull air out and think i may have pulled to much air out and pulled the walls in . should i put air back in to bloww the walls back out or let the water push them out? i put some air in and got most of the walls back out, but there are a few spots that have not come back out but there a small crease in those spots from a windstorm blowing it down yesterday.

Re: oooppsss i may have made a mistake!!!!!!!

You only need to leave the vac on until the water is above the cove, the walls "should" work there way out as the pressure of the water fills the pool. Do you have the the posts and top rails on yet? We did turn off the vac a few times to get wrinkles out though, shouldn't hurt anything to turn it off if you need to.

having problems downloading pictures but everyrthing seams really good my contractor showed up today and helped me get it put up water is going in as we speek a few creases cause the wall to wrinkle a but everything seams good now

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

my uprites are tight but i left the top rails loose so the wall could flex as the water shaped the walls is this the right thing to do

I've got my pool standing and water going in it I have the uprights tight bit need to know if I should go ahead and tighten the top rails or leave them loose till pool fills and settles into place .

dennard said:
I've got my pool standing and water going in it I have the uprights tight bit need to know if I should go ahead and tighten the top rails or leave them loose till pool fills and settles into place .

I was hoping someone would come along and answer you with more knowledge than me but here's what I think. I believe from what I've seen watching the youtubes that your top rails are to assist in the uprights being truly vertical. So once you get your uprights true then tighten the top rails to keep them where they need to be.

If I am wrong then hopefully someone will correct me, which I am OK with :-D

I had a contractor put ours in...
Saying that I don't not know if they followed "proper procedure" or not. I do know what they did and how they did it agreed with the installation videos I had watched (thus our hiring a contractor)
As first load of water was put in with the disperser (we had 3 6000 gallon tankers) tops were tightened. So an almost additional 12k was introduced with tight tops.
The water delivery guy who has been filling for decades said they were one of the more thorough crews he has seen in action ~ so if nothing else he agreed with their method.

Thanks for the replys I tightened them this morning with about a foot and a half of water in the pool and installed the caps. Everything is looking good a.d should have enough water tomorrow to Install: the skimmer and return and hook up the pump

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.