What's your current pool temp?

77F last night, Solar Cover is working well. Last year the highest I ever saw was 80F and that was one day after 3 days of mid 90s temp (very rare here in Southeast Mass) temps and sun look good all week If I hit 80F by sunday I will call the cover a worthy purchase.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I find this topic funny. I grew up in South TX swimming all my life. I never even thought about what temp I liked my pool water at, but it was TX, so I'd assume it was pretty hot, > 90F. Now I live in Southern IL and after being without a pool for 10 years, I now have one again. The water temp had gotten up to 88 to 90, which I thought was nice. But the cloudy/rain weather the last week knocked it back down to 78. I've got it back up to 82 now with the solar cover and some sunshine between rain storms. Today we should get a full day of sunshine and 90 degrees, so I'm hoping to get my water up closer to 85 or so soon.

Long story short, 82 degrees or colder is too much for me to enjoy, unless maybe it was 100 outside. 85 and below is pushing. I guess I'm just a south texas guy.

^^I'm with you.

I have found I prefer 85 best...but above 86 for me is just too warm and 78 (my minimum) is refreshing on 100 degree days.

Had mine up to 85 last weekend then we got more rain and clouds, down to 80 now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.