What to leave in for a week?

Then you will need someone to come to the pool every day or at least every other day. Is that possible?

You have a dilemma. No one to clean skimmer baskets, add acid (with new plaster), brush, add chlorine.

I would check with your pool builder if you can hire someone.

Reactions: proavia
You have a dilemma. No one to clean skimmer baskets, add acid (with new plaster), brush, add chlorine.

I would check with your pool builder if you can hire someone.
I've already passed the 30-day mark. The pool is in a screen enclosure. The skimmer rarely needs cleaning. I'm more thinking FC and pH maintenance.

You should have gotten the SWCG started.

All you can do is put pucks in a floating chlorinator and hope.

You should have gotten the SWCG started.

All you can do is put pucks in a floating chlorinator and ho
PB was telling me to leave off for another month. I also didn't want to start something new and not understanding what attention it may require.

What is the recommended method for introducing a SWCG?

Add salt. Raise CYA if necessary. Start SWCG generating 3 ppm FC per day. Monitor for a week or so and adjust.

I leave for weeks and the SWCG just runs. I get home and usually my FC is a little high. If no one can come by to add some acid every 5-7 days, I float a puck.

Is what it is. Load up a floating chlorinator with 4 or 5 pucks and see what happens. Be sure to tie off the chlorinator so it does not rest over a step or right next to a wall.

Reactions: tradewinds

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Add salt. Raise CYA if necessary. Start SWCG generating 3 ppm FC per day. Monitor for a week or so and adjust.

I leave for weeks and the SWCG just runs. I get home and usually my FC is a little high. If no one can come by to add some acid every 5-7 days, I float a puck.

Is what it is. Load up a floating chlorinator with 4 or 5 pucks and see what happens. Be sure to tie off the chlorinator so it does not rest over a step or right next to a wall.
Any recommendations on a floating chlorinator and tabs type?

Basic floating chlorinator. Walmart, Home Depot, etc sells them.
Plain tablet. Hard to find. Issue is having to buy a large bucket to get a few. Might see if a pool store sells them in smaller quantities.

I believe I read the salt must be added day(s) before and chlorine stopped days before that?

Basic floating chlorinator. Walmart, Home Depot, etc sells

them.
Plain tablet. Hard to find. Issue is having to buy a large bucket to get a few. Might see if a pool store sells them in smaller quantities.
Is this a good one? Get about 3-4 at $6.50 each?

Screenshot_20230825-081840.png

Look for the clorox 99 ones (not xtra blue) or the pool essentials/pool mate as they don’t have any extra stuff in them (metals) they are 99% Trichlor.
Even if you have to buy a little tub of them most are individually wrapped and they will last indefinitely if kept dry.
I would definitely get the swg going and use the pucks as insurance.
I always raise fc between high target & slam level, fill the floater with pucks (tether it so it can’t rest on the wall/get stuck somewhere), & keep my swg & pump on its normal setting. This way if the swg goes offline for any reason I am covered.
Looks like you should be able to run your swg at around 20% if you set your vsp to run 24/7 at low rpms.

I've had good luck with In The Swim. They're stated 99% Trichlor. Not the cheapest, but the slowest-dissolving I've tried. With 83F water, a full week with the floater's "gate valve" closed. My floater leaks enough when closed to keep FC in target range. I guess if you needed more, you could use more floaters.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.