What sorcery is this?

DangerBoy

Oct 4, 2018
Calgary/Alberta
While looking at something else spa/pool related on eBay I came across this in the "More from this Seller" part of the eBay ad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Pool-Spa-Water-Conditioner-Magnetizer/111130398697

For $140 USD plus shipping it's just a pair of large magnets that you clamp onto either side of a suction or discharge line. :deal:You might think that's a a lot of money for something that doesn't do anything but look at what incredible powers it has:

From the ad:

A simple and effective patented magnetic water conditioner is now available for your pool and spa. Laboratory tests prove, that by simply strapping the Magnetizer on the return line to your pool or on the heater line of your spa, the Magnetizer helps reduce sanitizing chemical usage by 30% to 50%. By helping to stabilize the pH and eliminating many pH chemicals, chemical costs are reduced. The Magnetizer helps to eliminate algae, helps keep the water cleaner and improves the clarity of your pool or spa. The Magnetizer won't lower the actual calcium hardness readings, but will help eliminate the negatives effects, through the use of its magnetic restructuring capabilities. :bowdown:

Pool and spa users report less scum caused by body oils and less build-up caused by hard water minerals. The result is a more luxurious swim, with less chemical irritation to the eyes and skin. Why put up with hard water problems, when there is such an easy solution?

The Magnetizer creates a positive charge in the water that dissolves hard water minerals. This removes ugly scale, protects equipment and allows for your heater to operate at scale-free, peak efficiency, thereby saving you many energy dollars.

You're probably wondering how this amazing product is able to deliver all of these wonderful benefits. :scratch: Here's how:

As water molecules pass through the powerful and highly focused magnetic field, the Magnetizer Pool/spa System does two things: Polarizes (organizes) molecules and gives water a net positive (+) charge. This physically restructures the water making it provide all the great benefits: reduced eye and skin irritation, reduced chemical odors and better feeling water. The Magnetizer, with its 2000 gauss magnetic strength, operates automatically, continuously and permanently, using no external power source and has no moving parts to wear out. A Lifetime Power Warranty, a lifetime of savings, and Magnetizer conditioned water is the natural way to enjoy your pool or spa.

But wait, there's more!

The System puts a positive charge into the water. This not only stops scale build-up, but dissolves pre-existing scale deposits. This scale removal protects equipment and allows heaters to operate at peak efficiency, thereby reducing energy dollars.

Bromine, chlorine and other chemicals used in your pool maintenance mix more completely and effectively in magnetized water. The reduced surface tension and the increased ionic activity of the magnetized water helps to reduce operating costs as well as reducing chemical needs.

Wide variations in pH can damage equipment, while frequently reducing the effectiveness of the chemicals. By magnetically organizing the water molecules, the range of the pH is reduced, as is the need for chemical usage. :suspect:

Now all you skeptics with your fancy sciencey backgrounds and highfalutin critical thinking skills :study: are probably thinking that while the polar magnets may slightly pull anions a few microns towards one pole of the magnet and cations a few microns towards the other pole in the half second or less that the water takes to pass through the magnetic field and then would obey the third law of thermodynamics and tend towards higher entropy/state of disorder right afterwards negating whatever miniscule ion separation effect this amazing device has but these straight shootin' guys are sayin' that ain't the case so you MUST be wrong!

With all these amazing benefits, can someone PLEASE explain to me why all spa and pool systems don't come with these devices installed as standard equipment? I'm guessing the truth is being suppressed by Big Spa/Pool Chem who wants you to keep buying way more sanitizing and pH chemicals than you should have to. As Fox Mulder would say, "You can't suppress the truth!" :hammer: :laughblue:

18 already sold with 100% positive feedback for the vendor.

Look at some of the other products being sold - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nano-Technology-Spa-Clarifier-Bundle/122201021656- Nano-Technology Spa Products! NanoSpray Spa Thermal Cover Protectant and Nano Titanium Spa Clarifier Stick.

Will be interesting when the buyers of some of these products show up here asking for help.

I think they should make the magnets pyramid shape. That would add cosmic energy focussing power and make it way more betterer. You probably wouldn't need any sanitizer or pH chemicals if they did that. :laughblue:

Nah, the vendor and other pool stores make too much on the chemicals. They would never sell the box that eliminates the need for chemicals. The pool industry takes that technology and buries it.

I bought one right away to make sure I got one before they sold out which they undoubtedly will now that I've gotten the word out. Had it rush shipped here at hundreds of dollars cost. As I was sitting in the tub I could literally feel it magnetically restructuring the water around me. It was wonderous to behold. My amputated arm grew back too. That was unexpected. :bowdown:

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought one right away to make sure I got one before they sold out which they undoubtedly will now that I've gotten the word out. Had it rush shipped here at hundreds of dollars cost. As I was sitting in the tub I could literally feel it magnetically restructuring the water around me. It was wonderous to behold. My amputated arm grew back too... :bowdown:

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

So I can’t call you Lefty anymore?

In a twisted sort of way I kind of admire some things about the people who designed and made the product and came up with the marketing pitch. Don't get me wrong here, I despise their dihonesty and fraudulence but you have to recognize they took a probably significant financial risk getting that product designed, prototyped and then manufactured all the while not knowing if there were enough stupid people out there that would be gullible enough fall for their ridiculous marketing pitch and buy enough units for them to make a profit on the venture. And they wouldn't just have to be stupid people, they'd have to be stupid, gullible pool and spa owners. That's a pretty niche market one would think - or at least hope. So while I detest their deceit and dishonesty, I do kind of respect their courage. They have the spirit of those snake oil and magic tonic salesmen who travelled by wagon from town to town in days of yore and risked being exposed as frauds and lynched by a mob of angry townspeople in every town they stopped at :deal:. They're exactly like those guys...well, er... except maybe for the fact that these guys hide faceless behind the internet instead of selling their fraudulent ware face to face with their dupes but other than that they're EXACTLY like those guys. Well, maybe not EXACTLY like them... but you get my point. :roll:

I guess all I'm saying is that even if I totally lacked any sort of moral compass, I still don't think I'd have the clangers to risk funding the manufacture of those magnets because I would be too afraid there aren't enough gullible dimwits out there that I could fool into buying the product or that there's even one person that dense. Obviously, these people have much greater courage and vision than I so while I feel a great deal of disdain towards their ethics, I can at least tip my hat to them for their enterprising spirit and courage and for also having a much more realistic understanding than I do of how many vapid people there actually are out there. Who knew? :stirpot:

In a twisted sort of way I kind of admire some things about the people who designed and made the product and came up with the marketing pitch. Don't get me wrong here, I despise their dihonesty and fraudulence but you have to recognize they took a probably significant financial risk getting that product designed, prototyped and then manufactured all the while not knowing if there were enough stupid people out there that would be gullible enough fall for their ridiculous marketing pitch and buy enough units for them to make a profit on the venture. And they wouldn't just have to be stupid people, they'd have to be stupid, gullible pool and spa owners. That's a pretty niche market one would think - or at least hope. So while I detest their deceit and dishonesty, I do kind of respect their courage. They have the spirit of those snake oil and magic tonic salesmen who travelled by wagon from town to town in days of yore and risked being exposed as frauds and lynched by a mob of angry townspeople in every town they stopped at :deal:. They're exactly like those guys...well, er... except maybe for the fact that these guys hide faceless behind the internet instead of selling their fraudulent ware face to face with their dupes but other than that they're EXACTLY like those guys. Well, maybe not EXACTLY like them... but you get my point. :roll:

Such products have no R&D or development cost other than whimsy and imaginations. Little capital is risked and they can be assembled by a hobbyist to test the markets gullibility. The profit margins are tremendous. There is little risk other than time and money. Once a scam product runs out of rubes to buy it they move on to other ideas. It is an age old profession.

They only work if you put one set on the suction and one on the return because the water gets destructured as it goes through the filter or heater or any left turn 90s.

You have to realign the hydrogen bond angle and neutralize any antimatter or dark matter generated by the magnets.

Also, I'm developing a laminar flow water smoother that straightens the water before it gets magnetized so that the magnets work properly if anyone wants to invest in the product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.