What size pump should I have for my pool?

If I remember correctly, it was around 18#. I know it wasn't 25# as thats where I usually cleaned my filters.
Ok, clearly something is wrong because when you drop the HP of a pump, pressure should drop too. Hopefully it is just a really dirty filter but we will see.

Other than digging up the line, any advice?
Assuming it is not the filter, first remove all the eyeballs (if there any) from the pool so the exit port is bigger just in cases the blockage is all the way to that point.

Another option is to try and backflush the lines from the pool backwards and see if that loosens what ever might be in there. Run a hose into each return and try to seal it the best you can with a wet rag.

y the way, did you see anything with my setup that needs looking at?
No although the picture doesn't give really good view of the plumbing around the filter. Maybe a picture from the other side would be better.

Normally when a pump is changed, any debris will be captured by the filter since it is after the pump which makes this situation even more puzzling since nothing was changed, post filter.

Pulled the filters and ran the pump and am getting the same 24-25# pressure reading as with them in. Cleaned the filters and put them back in service, added DE powder and still the same 24-25# reading. This tells me I have a plug somewhere going to the other 3 ports. Now to figure out how to unplug it. Going to try a pig through the piping if it will go this weekend.

Thanks for all the suggestions as this site is really helping me out in every way.

Would like to bring this post back up. I had a pool company come out and look at my problem. He was of no help. Said something about about a valve on the pump(don[t have a clue on that one). Since the outlet of the pump goes to the filter and then to my return line to the pool, I don't see where a valve on the pump
would make a difference. The only valve after the pump is my backwash valve which shouldn't matter.

I tried plugging the working ports and forcing the flow to the 3 non working ports and nothing. I don't feel I have a broken pipe underground as I see no loss of water level nor a wet spot in the yard.

Any suggestions. Could the larger pump be the solution as it is the only thing different now than before. All 5 were working prior to changing out the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.