What is this pipe? Help identify please.

Maybe a well point.

All types of pools can use a dewatering system.

Vinyl liner can float even when mostly full of water.

Concrete pools can also float.

Can you show a picture looking into the pipe?

Can you see water in the pipe?

If yes, how deep?

Does the pipe look like a well point at the bottom?

Maybe a well point.

All types of pools can use a dewatering system.

Vinyl liner can float even when mostly full of water.

Concrete pools can also float.

Can you show a picture looking into the pipe?

If yes, how deep?

Does the pipe look like a well point at the bottom?
Appreciate all the help from everyone. I also have a hunch that it might be a well point. I bought transfer pump with a 6 foot hose and the hose makes it way down almost 6 feet and then stops. Tried pumping but no water came out (maybe I was doing it incorrectly). I did this because my vinyl liner recently floated and this never happened before. So now I am left wondering that maybe it is not a well point and I have to somehow get behind the liner to see if there is water. So a little confused. I have a call out to have a pool company come take a look but everyone is so busy that I figured I would try to troubleshoot the source of the vinyl liner wrinkles myself. Did the bucket test and no leaks which is what made me think it is ground water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

If yes, how deep?

You can screw an adaptor into the threads and connect a pump to the adaptor.
Okay, so I checked today in better light. I do see water in the hole about 6 feet down, the same depth as the deep end. However, the other day I tried using a transfer pump with a garden hose and it did not pull anything.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.