What is the recommended CYA value for normal use?

In very high UV areas (S Texas, Florida, SW Desert) for normally chlorinated pools a CYA of 50 ppm would not be outside of reasonable.

In very high UV areas (S Texas, Florida, SW Desert) for normally chlorinated pools a CYA of 50 ppm would not be outside of reasonable.
Thank you sir! Great chart! Really appreciate this forum

I run a stenner pump for my chlorine, in the heat of summer with fresh bleach (12.5%) the pump runs for a total of 1/2 hr per day.
The pump is rated at 10gal/day. (24hr run time)
I buy 55 gallons at a time. (once per year)

In my book the SWG is the way to go, with a Stenner pump a close second.

I installed a Stenner because I knew I would be selling the house before I could get the value out of a SWG.

I would vote for a SWG.. then you don't have to lug the 55 gallon drum ;).. I love my SWG. It was the best investment I ever made for my pool. With a SWG there is a slight modification to the CYA/CL relation. No doubt you saw that in the chart: FC/CYA Levels
One year I added my CYA incrementally to see if I could detect a difference.. and sure enough, when I got the CYA within range according to the chart the chlorine retention was much better.

Reactions: tim5055
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.