What is a good size for a L shaped pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well to anyone who was kinda following my progress last spring, here are the pictures. Sorry about the concrete ones being at the end, i had to resize the photos to get them to fit. It was a long process and but worth every minute and every dollar. The kids are all really good swimmers after just a half of a season and will be great swimmers by the end of next summer.

Looks great. Did no one warn you against the use of the Nature 2? Adding metals to the water can result in staining and green hair ... there is no reason to do this if you maintain adequate FC.

Interesting that it appears you have a line to the pool that can be either a suction or a return line. Is that a deep water port or a cleaner line?

Don't forget to put your pool info in your signature :goodjob:

we have to skimmers, two jets, and two floor drains. There is also a cleaner line on the wall near the deep end. We don't have a robot yet, but we have the hook up...hopefully get one before the end of winter (Maybe a little cheaper!)

We have a salt system and the nature 2. The salt system was nice on the skin, but i do not think we will use it again this year. The salt has already ruined our brush that we used to brush the plaster. I can't imagine what it is doing to the inside of our system. My wife is actually pretty good with testing the water and she just tells me what to add.

With the Nature 2, we really like it. It is so easy to use and requires no maintenance, just checking the water like you would normally do. The salt was so much to get it right and actually working, we are not even going to bother with it this season and my just have it removed. We got it for free as an incentive (The controll panel was not hooked up yet at the time of the photo i posted). After researching everything on line about both types, there were postive and negative about both. After just one season, we like the Nature 2 better.

Along with the system, they hooked up a few things with our lines that make it easy to use. Not sure if every system is like this or not, but we have a solar re-currculation set up that pulls the water from the surface and pumps it out through the floor drains to warm the pool faster. It also has a brush mode so that when you brush the plaster it sucks it down through the floor drains, robot mode and regular vaccum mode. It was very confusing at first, but they gave us a guide so we can reference it to ensure that the valves are set up the proper way. Again, it could be something that every one has, i just thought it was pretty nice to have all of the options available with just the turn of a few valves.

We are still learning and will probably think differently by the end of next summer, but for right now we are very happy with everything and can not wait till the spring.

The Nature 2 is NOT a sanitizing system ... You still must maintain the same level of FC as any other pool. So, if you are adequately maintaining the FC, there is not point in adding the metals, but you are taking a risk that the metals in the water will accumulate and eventually cause expensive staining or green hair.

Also, the low levels of salt in the water will not deteriorate your brush. It is likely more damaged by sitting in the sun than by anything in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.